Friday, September 3, 2010

Over the Hills and Through the Woods...

...to Grandmother's house we go!  Literally!  When we're not in the U.S. we rarely even notice when Labor Day weekend comes around, but now that we're here, I guess it is one of the bigger holiday weekends in that most people get Monday off...it's going to get a bit crazy at my Mom's house in Oklahoma with quite a bit of family descending on Mom and Papa John this weekend.  It's going to be fun!  We haven't seen Grammy and Papa John for over two years, so we're looking forward to it (they just returned from serving in Colombia for two years...my Mom is retiring from full-time ministry, the end of a 30+ year career).  I found an old picture of the farmhouse and scanned it in.  This is the house my dad built during the last couple of years before he died. 


And while I was at it, I scanned in this picture, too, of my Mom and Micah and I.  The staircase behind us was the last project my dad worked on...he fashioned the two main supports for the stairs from a tree from the farm property.  This house holds a lot of memories for us...

No comments: