Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

We are up to our eyeballs in homeschooling here...we're still getting used to our schedule and routines, but we're getting there.  I ordered the Letter of the Week curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler to do with Jojo and Jkaile together.  While I'm not doing the entire curriculum with them, I'm using a lot of the print-outs and ideas.  One idea that I loved was to use the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and make your own palm tree to put the letters on each week.  I found the book at the library last week and I think that we'll just have to invest in one of our own because Jkaile absolutely loves this book.  I don't think he'll be wanting to take it back! 


So here is my 'designer' version of the Chicka Tree...it
turned out a lot better than I'd imagined!  Scrapbooking paper
just makes everything better...each of the pieces are individually
backed with magnets so they can be rearranged.

Isn't that a happy grin?!
It would probably be a good idea to line the rest of the letters
with cardstock or cardboard, though, since it
appears they will be handled a lot!


6 comments:

Cindy said...

we're doing 8th, 9th and 10th grades
this year. We do some fun projects but your tree makes me miss the younger years. ☺

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Wow, Cindy, it's hard to imagine high school at this point! lol You know, though, maybe you could slip in something like the Chicka Tree as an art project or something...LOL! :)

Cindy said...

thats a good idea!!
but I really need a world map for geography......

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Well, there are a lot of palm trees in different parts of the world...

Cindy said...

Shilo said...

So cute! I haven't ever seen that book. I will have to see if our library has it (kind of doubt it but worth a look)!
Have a great weekend!
Shilo