Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Testimonies...

Remember my friend Sol?  It was such a blessing to spend the weekend with her on our way to Arkansas from Chihuahua.  We missed Ciro and their son, Tona, since they were visiting family in Mexico that week.  

Our first morning there, as Sol busied herself preparing us a hearty breakfast of huevos rancheros, she excitedly shared with us how God has been working in her life.  She shared how God had released her from her hatred and resentment for her father and I listened with tears running down my cheeks of how she had led him to the Lord once God had changed her heart and attitude towards him.  I felt extremely humbled to have been used by God in Sol's life and to hear of yet one more person that had been changed because of her testimony.  I don't know how many people Sol has brought to the feet of Jesus, seems like every time I talk to her, she speaks of yet another friend or family member that has been saved because of her testimony.  I guess when God changes people's lives in such a drastic way, people take notice!

Sol still has struggles in her life and areas that she acknowledges that are challenging her, but I could sense a peace about her that she didn't have before.  I wish we lived closer so we could visit more often (besides, she's a really awesome cook and she made us not one, but two different types of flan!).  

Sol and I...


Miguel with his huevos rancheros...

2 comments:

Shilo said...

Praise God! And may I just say that is one happy man with those huevos rancheros! :)

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Oh, yeah, that was some good breakfast...and of course, so much we could barely finish it...