Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tagged-36 Questions

I've been tagged! Angela over at Unveiling Radiance tagged me with this questionnaire...fun!


1.What is your current obsession? I have always enjoyed reading, but these days I am also dabbling in painting, card-making and photgraphy...

2. What are you wearing today?jeans, t-shirt, and cardigan with flip-flops

3. What’s for dinner? I haven't thought that far ahead...quite likely leftovers, maybe pizza left over from last night's pizza and game night (we actually have leftovers because not as many people came as we thought!)

4. What’s the last thing you bought? groceries at Walmart

5. What are you listening to right now? Rojo, oh wait, the kids are putting on an Odyssey tape...

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you? In general or for tagging me?! lol JK, Angela has been a friend for a long time and even though we live quite far apart, are probably better friends now than we've ever been...

7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?probably Venezuela, we'd love to have a nice house and farm in the country for Miguel's parents to live...

8. What are your must-have pieces for summer? t-shirts, flip-flops, cropped pants

9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? maybe a nice, warm beach in Australia? It's cold here this morning!

10. Which language do you want to learn?since we'd love to work in a tribe, it would be whatever tribal language we were learning at that point, with Bible translation in mind...

11. What’s your favorite quote? other than favorite verses out of the Bible, don't think I really have one...but I heard a good one the other day, something like "Be kind, everyone you meet is in a great battle." I think people are struggling more than we know...

12. Who do you want to meet right now? Jesus...I long for His return!

13. What is your favorite color?I am really quite partial to red, I think, although I usually choose green tokens when playing games...

14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?right now, it's my zipper hoodie things! I have three and they have been quite handy this winter...

15. What is your dream job?missionary and I already have it!!!!

16. What’s your favorite magazine? I really love Discipleship Journal and wish we could get a subscription of our own

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?probably on groceries and some special snacks for the kids

18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?I not certainly not one to offer advice in this area, but I would say wearing clothes that don't fit right and make you look funny (example: muffin-tops because of tight, low-cut jeans)

19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?not sure, I'm not really 'up' on current styles, although I would say that I think Hollywood is definitely over-rated in general!

20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?something very easy to care for, right now short is good

21. What are you going to do after this?fix pancakes for breakfast

22. What are your favorite movies?Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia (why oh why does it take SO long for the next one to come out?!), family-friendly movies, some science-fiction, action/drama...

23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?Dove soap, foundation, my natural deoderant spray

24. What inspires you?missionary stories, great stories of people who have overcome, Beth Moore, good music

25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you? I agree with Angela that: (I think this is a dumb question so I'm trading it for my own.)

New 25. What makes you feel most alive? a meaningful quiet time with God, a good emotional connection with my DH, Miguel...sharing a cup of coffee with a friend, meeting a need, a good phone conversation with my Mom or sisters, a good book...

26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?throw things, rant and rave...then choose something I at least feel comfortable in...lol

27. Coffee or tea?definitely coffee!!! In fact, need a refill now, be right back...

28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed? wallow in self-pity, sleep, mindlessly read shallow novels and then come to my senses and call out to God! I'm a talker, too, so talking to a good friend or sister is good, too...

29. What is the meaning of your name? I've always heard that Rebecca means "peacemaker", but now that I look it up, it's coming up with "to tie" or "knotted cord", weird. I think I prefer "peacemaker". Ann means "gracious, merciful".

30. Which other blogs do you love visiting?I think I need to start a blogroll, there are so many...of course, I will name Unveiling Radiance since Angela was the one who tagged me, missionary women blogs of which there are too numerous to mention here, WOTH's CoffeeGirl Community blog, In Real Life with Jamie Jo, etc...

31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet? I really like dark chocolate

32. Favorite Season?I love fall with it's cooler temperatures and beautiful, rich colors...

33. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me? Venezuelan food, arepas con carne mechada and beet potato salad and lemonade...

34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?distance, guard your heart, set up boundaries

35. How do you calm yourself down when you are agitated or angry?according to reliable sources, I tend to get noisy, such as when working in the kitchen! And I talk to myself...then I come back around and pray...

36.Who is the modern ideal girl..the one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy or the one who is simple but manages the house, kids and herself well? definitely the latter...

Whew, I'm done! I have no idea who to tag, I guess if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged! It's fun to learn more about each other...

No comments: