Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fourteen Years

January 3rd was our Fourteenth Wedding Anniversary! It's hard to believe that we met 17 years ago and have been married for 14...here's a picture of us when we were dating...


Someone asked me the other day how we met and wow, did that bring up a lot of memories! It's good to go over those memories sometimes, though, and remember what it was like to be madly in love and wondering what the future would hold for us. I'll have to write about it all someday, it really is quite the story!

We made a trip to El Paso between Christmas and New Years and it was exciting to hit Hobby Lobby and pick up some stamping/scrapbooking supplies (1/2 off!)...I have dabbled in card-making here and there (and hope to get better with practice!), but hadn't really built up my own crafting supplies, so it was fun to collect a few things. Here's the card I made Miguel...the book excerpts are a romantic portion from The Prisoner of Zenda...Miguel liked it and I could tell because he has it displayed on top of the bookshelf!


4 comments:

Shilo said...

Congrats, Miguel & Becky! May the next 14 be even better!

Carrie said...

Haha--and "on top of the bookshelf" is code for "out of reach of the kids" which means it's really valued!! haha ...Wow, never realized how much he and JD look alike (kind of a "duh" moment!)

Ellie said...

Aw! You two look cute..

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Thanks, Shilo! I hope so, too! :D lol

Carrie, I thought about you and Jason on our anniversary, remembering your first meal with us that day...we had some friends over last night and they were looking at that picture of Miguel and I and one of the guys held it up to JD and then to Miguel, saying, "But it looks more like JD!" haha! I think I see it because I've known Miguel longer, but now they don't necessarily seem that much alike. :)