Saturday, October 24, 2009

First Cooking Class

From time to time, I've taken baked goodies to the church small group that we lead. The goodies have been a huge hit every single time and some of the ladies have been after me to start teaching them how to bake some things. So this last Friday, I packed up a couple of recipes, all my baking stuff and headed over to my friend Luisa's house for the first class. What a fun way to do ministry!
Aida and I with the cake cookies.

I found the recipe for these soft, chewy cookies
on www.allrecipes.com. Cake Mix Cookie I...it's
basically a box of yellow cake mix, 1/3 cup of oil, and 2 eggs.
We added chocolate chips and chopped almonds.
Truly an amazing cookie!
And a great recipe for beginners...

Jkaile went along for the ride...I think he was
expecting a few more cookies than he actually
got to eat, however! haha!

Luisa was interested in learning how to make chocolate
chip bars for her husband, Luis. Luis and Luisa have been
married only a few weeks, so it was fun to help her
make something for her groom! :)

1 comment:

Terri :o) said...

Those look yummy! :)