Friday, February 13, 2009

Purse Love

Oops, almost forgot to do this! I have been tagged (sort of, in a roundabout way) by Shilo at My Place of Peace to write a post about my purse. This is going to be funny! Are you ready?


1) "Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today or the last time you left the house."

Here it is...in all of its glory! Ha!
My purse is usually large and black.
At one point, so was my diaper bag.
It was confusing.


It has one large compartment and these are its contents.

List of contents:
one yellow plastic spoon (comes in handy sometimes...)
2 straws
one black case with assorted makeup (it's sorta my backup in case I forget to put any on!)
a small box of crayons from Cracker Barrel
assorted handi-wipes
2 emery boards
2 packs of travel Kleenex
a small sewing kit (veeeeery small!)
bits and pieces of a writing pen
hand sanitizer (pink bottle)
a watch with a broken strap (watch part still works)
hand lotion (a Mary Kay sample of Satin Hands)
small spiral notebook (for jotting down phone numbers, notes, or letting the kids draw when they are bored)
a cleaning cloth for glasses
silver Nike (a freebie!) sunglasses case with sunglasses
travel toothpaste
bottle of generic motion sickness pills
empty bottle of aspirin (time for a refill!)
bottle of contact solution
leather coin purse (empty, rats)
my Buck knife (that I can't even open w/o straining myself because it's gummed shut-not going to be much help in an emergency!)
several U.S. coins
a tube of lipstick (not that I ever use it)
a booklet (tract) in Spanish
assorted trash-candy wrappers, old receipts, etc.


Let's clean it up a little, shall we? (The red lego has nothing
to do with my purse, just happens to be on the table
at the moment...)

Now for the front pocket: Living Proof Live wristband, 5 writing pens (can't ever have too many of those!), a business card (from a guy we met at the Beth Moore conference), a flosser (used), lip balm (Moisture Therapy from Avon-love it), and a Kleenex (also used)Back Pocket: small stuffed animal (I have no idea-apparently it belonged to Gracia because she snatched it up as soon as she saw it on the table), a writing pen, another business card (my chiropractor in the U.S.), sugar packet (from Venezuela!), a very old peppermint candy (hmmmm...might keep a kids occupied one of these days...), an emery board (I don't know why I even have emery boards, I have no fingernails to speak of!), another flosser (un-used), and a paper clip

Oh! Almost forgot about the inside pocket...a small green ball (huh?), a panty-liner, a pad, a small bottle of tei-fu (I wondered where that went!), and bit of fluff because the purse lining is coming apart

Now comes the challenge of getting it all back INTO my purse. Minus the trash, of course.
2) I want to know how much it cost:) And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it."

Okay, I am trying to remember if this is the purse that Shilo bought me one time while we were in Venezuela or not...I don't think it is, but it is very similar. So if it isn't, I probably bought it at Walmart and paid somewhere around $12 U.S.

3. "Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your purse."

I think I'll copy Shilo, if you are reading this, you're tagged! Now go write about your purse!





3 comments:

Shilo said...

So fun! I thought that sugar looked familiar! I can't believe you still have it! Sort of sentimental! :)

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Yeah, I guess I never drank my coffee with sugar in it, so got in a habit of tucking it into my purse and one of them survived...every once in a while, they come in awfully handy! :)

Norberto Kurrle said...

Ah! A woman after my own heart...a little bit of everything just in case you need it :) Loved the look inside your purse, Becky.