Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trying my hand at painting


I do not claim to even BE a painter, but this year, I've had this strange desire to paint! I've never really had any training and always thought that because I couldn't paint this or that like someone else...that I didn't have talent. I think I'm finally at the point in my life where I can just have fun with it and not take it too seriously whether I am "good" at it or not. :) I just enjoy creating something, whether it be with words or paint or other things (like paper maché). And it's a great example to my kids as it encourages them to be creative as well!


So here are a couple that I've done recently...the first is just a scene out of my head. There are a lot of mesa-type mountains here and I just love the way they look. They remind me of the tepuys in Venezuela. The second picture is of Fish Mountain, as my friends call it, a hill close to where we live in this part of the city. Someone has put painted white rocks on the hill in the form of a fish, supposedly claiming this area of the city for Christ. Very interesting...we haven't actually gone up on the hill yet, but our friends climb it to look for rocks, cactus plants, and for picnics. We are looking forward to getting up there one of these days!!!!







6 comments:

Terri :o) said...

Not bad at all, my friend! :o)

Ellie said...

Hey, if I could paint like that, I'd be happy. Keep it up.

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Thanks, Ellie! I've had more fun with the painting this week, I'm doing a set of four for my bedroom, but not scenes, more like geometric patterns in colors that match the room colors. I have a blank wall that needs something...

Ellie said...

You'll have to post a picture of those, too.

Anonymous said...

I love those! You have to do one for me!!!!!

Liz

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Is that you, sister Liz? Glad you liked them...what kind of picture do you want?! :) Let me know...I'd like to do another one of the mountain now that I have a picture to go by...