Monday, March 24, 2008

Words of Encouragement

I have always loved keeping a diary and journaling...to me it's like praying, a way to express thoughts and feelings....really, just whatever comes to mind. I often include Scripture or quotes from books that are meaningful to me. The other day Miguel came home with a beautiful notebook and I've decided to make it into my Words of Encouragement book. It won't be so much a journal as a place to record Scripture, thoughts, quotes, etc. that have been encouraging to me. Last night I was looking for some verses that talk about praising God to start off with and I came across Psalm 103. This passage blessed me and I hope it will bless you as well.


Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:1-5 (NIV)

No comments: