Friday, March 21, 2008

Little Debbie




Yesterday morning I was digging through the cabinets looking for a quick "breakfast" to give the kids to tide them over on the hour trip to Grammy's house (I wanted to leave quickly and skip the whole rigamarole of sit-down breakfast) and I found a box of Little Debbie Donut Sticks (I know, I know, not the most nutritious food, but a special treat for once in a while). So I handed those out and off we went...okay, I will admit to sampling one myself...they are really good!!! We will definitely NOT be keeping these around the house.


On the way home, we pulled up beside a Little Debbie semi-truck and it had a huge Little Debbie logo and pictures of different snack cakes on the side. The kids were so excited, pointing and screaming and I was showing Jojo that it was the same picture on the box...then I looked up and the two guys in the truck were looking at me and laughing about the whole thing! So I held up the box of Donut Sticks and they held up their box of Oatmeal Creme Pies and we gave each other thumbs up before the light turned and we went on our separate ways...so there you have it, Little Debbie bringing folks together on the road. Nothing like connecting with complete strangers over snack cakes!!!

No comments: